Unofficial University of Nottingham (UNMC) Blog
.:The only blog that tells you about happenings in UNMC! Read and post stories here!:.

Formula 1 2009 - Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang F1 Circuit

by Cwken

Thanks to iMechE, my fellow Mechanical Engineers and I are able to attend to the race at a heavily discounted price of RM30 for Tower seats. I borrowed Aaron's 18-200mm VR lens the night before since I don't have a zoom lens.

Tower seats at where the hairpin is. The long straights into the final corner is said to be the best place for overtaking manoeuvers.

We arrived late due to some technical problems and the massive jam on the way to the circuit. We only entered the gate only at 4.30pm and barely managed to catch the warm up laps.

View from Tower 1 where drivers go through the long straight before braking hard into the final corner of the track. Notice the cloudy skies in the picture?

The sound of a Formula 1 engine is absolutely monstrous. When one of the drivers left for the warm up lap, it was so loud as if a sports car is revving beside you, and they've yet to rev the car. It is hard to believe that it came from a distance away. The already loud engine of the engine roared into a beautiful rhyme of art as it revs all the way to 18000rpm. The engine note is simply orgasmic. If you think it sounds cool on TV, nothing beats hearing it right in front of you :)

BMW Sauber

This is my first time taking photos of a motorsport event. Was noobing because I couldn't get my framing right and my hands were shaky, resulting in many unsharp photos. Having long zooms is really cool.

Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren Mercedes

Robert Kubica in the BMW Sauber

This is the best photo I had for the day.

Caught Heikki Kovalainen spinning off the track in the first lap at turn 4. His brakes got his rear loose and spun when he tried to countersteer to correct the direction of his car.

Was lucky enough to capture a live blown engine in sequence. Only posting this though. Poor Robert.

My favourite driver, Kimi Raikkonen. Massa can go die. Notice the red hot brake disc in the front wheels?

I am a McLaren fan, Kimi for the Championship, McLaren for constructor. If Kimi's not winning, Lewis and Heikki should.

As the race goes on, the lighting was getting bad due to the deteriorating weather condition. I had to constantly up my ISO by a stop from time to time. I even used ISO 1600 at one time but the pictures came out bad =.= The race was later stopped at lap 33 due to the heavy rain. Many cars aquaplaned into the gravels and I couldn't capture it :( Need at least a 70-200mm f/2.8...

That's all for now. Back to my thesis writing. Wanna re watch the race again but no time :( My first F1 race live = super fun! :D Wanna go again next year :)

Credit to Cwken
5 comments:

awesome pics and story bro!!
keep it up!!


brilliant pics man


Great pics!


whoa. that was cool

and i thought i was tempted by the DSLRs on show during PC fair... now this is what i call tempting!


wow ~!!!
i felt liek wanna buy a DSLR too ~!!!
and
hey ~ i'm GReGory from UNIM ~!!!
anyone need a housemate next semester onwards ??
tell me on my chatbox in my blog ok ? thx you very much :P


Post a Comment

Exam problems solved in just ONE HOUR!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address to know the updates:

HEY THERE, EVERYBODY!

Love to read/know about hints on who's gonna be the Next SA President and so on?

We are currently compiling stories, happenings, and events
that's related to UNMC.

And if you'd like to spread the words about your best friend's birthday bash, your faculty's clubbing night, or even somebody singing annoyingly in your shared bathroom,
you could mail your stories to this mail
003584@gmail.com
kedy82mha@nottingham.edu.my

Recent Comments



Want this widget?
Click Here!

Followers




Want this on your blog?
Just copy and paste the links below