Unofficial University of Nottingham (UNMC) Blog
.:The only blog that tells you about happenings in UNMC! Read and post stories here!:.

Day Trip at Melaka

Last Sunday, my uni friends organised a day trip to Melaka. I was more than happy to join because I've just submitted my FYP, the last coursework of the semester. It is a good way to celebrate the temporary independence before having to start studying for exams again.

Pei Yi and Jin Yu drove a total of nine of us to Melaka, setting off from the university compound at 9am sharp. It took about two hours to reach the town of Melaka. The first thing we did was to head straight for brunch. Our first food destination is the famous chicken rice ball.

Chicken rice balls, a.k.a Hainanese Chicken Rice.

The chicken. The presentation isn't exactly its forte.

The meal was good, find it a little overrated but people who visits Melaka will try this at least once. We then headed to Jonker street to walk around and shop for souvenirs.


Stopped by one of the famous cendol shop at Jonker streets. it is called The Musuem Cafe. I ate the Eight Precious Cendol(EPC).


The shop has some nice and classic atmosphere.

A common sight in Melaka and an attraction to the tourist

Even those tricycles have NOS installed in them

The weather was extremely hot that day. We decided to walk to the Dataran Pahlawan Megamall to chill and cool ourselves down. Some funny shit happened to me at the mall. While we were passing by the center court, there was some event going on the stage. They were trying to get some audience to dance at the stage for whatever the reason. So, the emcee came down asking everyone that came into his way. I was standing behind Brian until the emcee went up to him and asked him. Brian moved away to avoid him and all of the sudden he sets his sight on me while I was blurring (I was thinking of photo ideas). He pulled me up the stage by force =.=

He pulled three other dudes onto the stage and made us all dance to some shitty music they played. Till now, I am wondering why I didn't just run off while they were unaware cos I can't friggin dance at all =.= still I went on first, did some stupid moves just to be sporting. The next two dudes who went after me took the stage and stunned everyone with their moves. I feel as if the emcee called me up just to embarrass me or something wtf! But oh well I was in a holiday mood, I didn't let it bother me and was cool about it. No photos because I was too lazy to get them from my friends. it should appear in facebook anyways.

After we walked around the mall, Teck Ming suggested that we try the Thousand Layer Cheesecake at Nadeje Patisserie Cafe located above the Dataran Pahlawan Megamall.

Thousand layer Cheesecake. It's really delicious.

Two Kennys?

Went to walk around at the Kota A' Formosa to have a look at some historical structures. No nice photos there though, couldn't really trigger the creativity out of my brain at that time =(

Group Photo

We left the place after a while and went to the beach to catch the sunset. Just realised that I haven't been to a beach for some time already. It's always nice to walk along a beach with the cool breeze blowing through your face while witnessing the sun setting into the horizon.

The sun setting behind the sea-side mosque. Not sure what's the name of the mosque though.

My first time trying a panoramic shot. Used photomerge in this picture.

After a refreshing walk at the beach, it is time for dinner! Satay celup is not something to be missed when you are visiting Melaka. We went to Restoran Capitol Satay at about 7pm. The shop is so popular that we queued up for more than half an hour just to eat satay celup =.=" It is the most famous satay celup store in Melaka I think.

Satay Celup

The final destination before we went home was the Eye on Malaysia. I didn't have a ride on it because I tried it once while it was still at Titiwangsa. I thought it would be nicer to take a picture of it rather than riding on it. I was right =)

Eye on Malaysia with 30 seconds exposure.

Portrait shot of it.

A group photo before we leave.

It was a really fun trip =) I hope there's more soon...
4 comments:

you actually went to Jonker's during day time? daytime jonker is nothing compared to nighttime jonker.

anyway, enjoyed your photos. again. =D


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

it was a day trip so couldn't really make it for jonker's at night. It was a sunday so I think I remember people saying Jonker street pasar malam not open on Sunday nights?

ooooo I see someone flaming. Too bad it was removed. shucks...


walauer ~!!
the cake damn nice wei ~!! wow ~!!!
too bad it only avaiable in melaka T.T


Post a Comment

Exam problems solved in just ONE HOUR!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address to know the updates:

HEY THERE, EVERYBODY!

Love to read/know about hints on who's gonna be the Next SA President and so on?

We are currently compiling stories, happenings, and events
that's related to UNMC.

And if you'd like to spread the words about your best friend's birthday bash, your faculty's clubbing night, or even somebody singing annoyingly in your shared bathroom,
you could mail your stories to this mail
003584@gmail.com
kedy82mha@nottingham.edu.my

Recent Comments



Want this widget?
Click Here!

Followers




Want this on your blog?
Just copy and paste the links below